Monday, October 12, 2009

Celebrating the male animal

This is a very personal confession, yet it's not a confession at all, since it's merely re-stating a widely held stereotype about men and... and, wait, is it just about men? Well, anyway, regardless of your gender, here is something that your loved one would never tell you and you would never tell him/her, either, yet it's something that you both know:


"Confession"

When you come to visit me,

it will be dark,
darker than it has ever been
and it will snow
like it does in your dreams
and the snowflakes will glow the same.
It will be cold
you will be lonesome
and me just a stranger
like I am in your dreams.
I don't know what that means
but it scares me to death
and maybe that's all there it is to it.

Then, while walking the streets with no end
hand in hand
while sipping warm coffee in places with no name
your face on mine
while rolling over each other in bars with no fame
in our hands bottles of wine
you'll see me staring now and then
at girls passing by.
That means I'd f..k them if I could
and that's all there it is to it.
You'll see me staring at you the rest of the time
again and again and again...
saying I'd make love to you if I could
again and again and again...

And that's all there it is to it.

When you leave me,
you'll have no tears
to wipe away
and no flowers
to hug or smell.
You'll say bye
with a smile
I'll say farewell
I'll write to you
in a while

And we'll never be the same again


[ Nov-16-2005 ], BE

No comments:

Post a Comment